Poultry Farm DesinfectionMémoire : Poultry Farm Desinfection. Recherche parmi 144 000+ dissertations
Par dissertation • 16 Octobre 2013 • 435 Mots (2 Pages) • 148 Vues
Terminal Bio Security Programme
Stage 1 – Removal of Equipment and Dry Cleaning
• Remove any residual feed from the feeder system and silo (ice can be used to clear augers)
• Remove all moveable equipment from the house
• Blow or wash down all surfaces to remove dust from ceilings, ledges, water pipes, fan boxes and inlets
• Remove all litter from the house and blow or brush debris from the ceilings and the floor
• Load litter onto truck ensuring all outside areas such as pad etc are free of debris
• Make sure load is covered before transporting from the site
• Blow or wash down bulk bins before disinfecting
Stage 2 – Cleaning and Disinfecting the Water System
• Isolate header tank at main inlet point, check that it is free from debris and then drain entire system from drinker points farthest away. Clean as required.
• Fill the tank with the necessary amount of water to fill the entire system, adding the correct amount of disinfectant concentrate to achieve the correct dilution.
• Allow the disinfectant solution to fill the system to the drinker points farthest away from the header tank and leave for one hour.
• Thoroughly flush lines with clean water. Repeat process if scale and bio-films remain.
• Refill the header tank with fresh clean water.
Stage 3 – Cleaning Buildings and Equipment
• Thorough washing of all surfaces and equipment is essential to soak and dislodge as much organic material as possible and achieve the best results from the disinfection stage
• Wash – using a pressure washer apply an appropriate detergent solution to all surfaces. Ensure inclusion of air inlets, partitions, feeders etc. Include any service rooms in this cleaning procedure before rinsing all surfaces and equipment with clean water at high pressure.
• Pre –soak – Externally spray air inlets and built up deposits from fan boxes etc with detergent solution. Ensure outside areas are also done.
• Leave for 20 – 30 mins then rinse ensuring all areas are visibly clean before moving to the disinfection stage.
Stage 4 – Disinfection
• The level of disease causing organisms present after the cleaning stage is high enough to present a serious disease challenge to a new crop of birds.
• Use of broad spectrum disinfectants is recommended
• Use either a knapsack sprayer or pressure washer on low pressure to disinfect all equipment removed from the house
• Place the equipment back in before disinfecting the house itself
• Pay particular attention to corners, cracks, seams and supporting posts.
• Spray into the